1. Prior to opening the meter base, or breaker panel, MAKE CERTAIN THE MAIN BREAKER IS IN THE “OFF” POSITION.
2. If there is not space at the meter base, or you prefer, the unit can be installed at the load center (breaker panel).
3. Many homes have multiple breaker panels and the unit can be installed on any breaker panel in the home.
4. The unit is designed to condition “ALL” power consumed by inductive loads (electric motors) in the home regardless of installation location.
5. The unit does not have to be on a dedicated breaker and does not violate any building codes as it qualifies as a surge suppressor and is not a load on the electrical system. Therefore, it can be piggybacked. IF THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON, MOST LIKELY YOU ARE NOT USING A 220/240VOLT BREAKER
6. The unit is enclosed in a rain proof box allowing it to be installed indoors or outdoors, but “CAN NOT” be installed under water.
7. This unit will yield better results if connected directly to the load rather than to the breaker panel. The closer to the load, the better the results. It can be connected to the load side of a disconnect for an air conditioner, etc. and will backfeed and catch the rest of the loads with no problem.
1. Prior to opening the meter base or breaker panel MAKE CERTAIN THE MAIN BREAKER IS IN THE “OFF” POSTION.
2. The power should remain “OFF” until the entire installation is complete.
3. Install a double pole 20 amp 220 volt breaker and secure the two red leads (wires) of the unit, one on each side of the breaker. Secure the green wire from the unit to the ground bar in the panel. Leave breaker in “OFF” position until power is restored to panel.
4. Remove “tabs” (knockouts) from the cover allowing access to the breaker after cover is reinstalled. Reinstall the panel cover securely.
5. Turn power (main breaker) back on. Flip the “dedicated” breaker to “ON” and check that the indicator light is on. This will indicate that the unit is on and installation is complete.
6. If the light is “not” on turn off power, and check to make certain good contacts are made with the two red wires and the breaker, and the green wire and the ground bar. Install cover, turn power back on, and check light again.
7. If your unit is humming this is a sign that you are receiving high voltage. This will not damage the unit and can occur at various times.
1. The unit is not designed to improve the power provided by your generator.
2. If you have a manual start generator, turn off the unit breaker when turning off the main feed breaker.
3. If you have an auto start generator make certain that the unit breaker is not on one of the circuits supported by the generator. If it is, turn the breaker off to the unit when the generator starts up.
WARRANTY: The unit has a 20 year warranty from date of installation.
WARNING: HAVE YOUR UNIT INSTALLED BY A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN. INSTALLING ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT MAY RESULT IN SHOCK, SERIOUS INJURY, OR EVEN DEATH.
Warning Electrical Shock “Do Not Open” there are NO serviceable parts
Disconnection of Protective Earth Conductor may impair the performance this product. It is NOT recommended putting any Switches or Fuses In-Line with the Earth Conductor.
WARNING- THIS UNIT WILL NOT WORK WITH A 3 PHASE SYSTEM!
FOR SINGLE PHASE (RESIDENTIAL) APPLICATIONS ONLY!